Napkins folded for Christmas, such as Christmas trees, stars, houses and bows are real eye-catchers on the banquet table and always generate great enthusiasm. The napkin folds such as the lace hat, candle, boots and screw, on the other hand, give the enchanting table decoration structure, because the napkins are placed upright on the plate. Take a look at all the simple instructions for folding napkins for Christmas and choose your favorite!
Folding napkins – a house with a pitched roof
This little house with a pitched roof is super easy to fold. Children can also record the window, door, and clapboard. This way you won’t get bored at family dinner.
- Fold the paper napkin lengthways into a rectangle.
- Fold the left and right corners down symmetrically.
- Now fold the upper ends towards the middle again, so that a triangle is created.
- Fold the lower half up and then down once, below the triangle you have formed.
- Push the edges in a few millimeters, directly under the house roof.
- Turn the napkin over and you’re done!
Cloth napkins are more suitable for these folding instructions. Solid color or patterned, the choice is yours. A golden bow completes the overall picture.
- Fold the napkin into a triangle. The tip points up and lies flush with the lower one.
- Now fold the tip down.
- Bend one end up. It should stand out about 4 cm.
- Now the napkin is loosely rolled up from one end to the other.
- Then insert the free end into the fold.
Fold napkins – a pointed elf hat
The elf hat is one of the simplest designs and folds super quickly. The result looks very cute and can also be spiced up a bit. For example, you can fix a bell on the tip or insert a place card into the cuff.
- Fold the napkin into a rectangle.
- Grab one end and roll up the napkin to form a cone.
- Fold the lower half outwards to make the cuff of the hat.
Fold the cloth napkin into a bow
With these instructions, the napkin is folded in such a way that it looks like a bow.
- Spread out the cloth napkin in front of you.
- Fold the left end towards the vertical center line.
- Then repeat the same with the right one.
- Fold the rectangle from bottom to top like an accordion.
- Fix in the middle with a decorative ribbon.
Fold a paper napkin into an elf shoe
These folding instructions are a little more complex than the top hat. With a little practice you will be able to fold the perfect elf shoe.
- Lay the napkin open.
- Fold both ends inwards, along the center line.
- Fold the napkin in half again.
- Fold the left and right napkin sides up (45 degrees) so that their edges meet in the middle.
- Repeat this step.
- Fold the resulting triangle in half.
- Fold the front right flap backwards and at the same time to the top left.
- Fold the small triangle down at the back.
- Push the protruding lower part into the tip part.
- Just adjust the toe of the boot.
Folding Christmas napkins – the star
The poinsettia is not only a beautiful Christmas symbol, it also looks great. It also creates a nice 3D effect.
- Lay the paper napkin open in front of you.
- Fold the top and bottom halves towards the center line.
- Turn the napkin 90 degrees and repeat this again.
- Open the last two folds again. The napkin is divided into eight squares.
- Now fold the napkin in a zigzag from bottom to top.
- Place the napkin in front of you so that the top zigzag layer is open facing down.
- Lift the first layer and press the top edge inwards.
- This is repeated with all layers on the left and right.
- Bend in the middle and unfold the star. Connect the open prongs with paper clips.
The elegant screw
The screw is particularly suitable for festive occasions. It is best to use a cloth napkin of a somewhat stiffer quality. Your creation will be stable on the plate. To prevent the rolls from falling apart too much, you can simply pin them in place with a paper clip.
- Fold the napkin into a two-ply rectangle. The open side faces down.
- Fold the lower right corner up and place it on the lower left corner.
- Place the upper right corner on the middle of the lower edge.
- Now repeat the entire process with the other half of the napkin.
- A large triangle is formed.
- Now fold the left half symmetrically onto the right half.
- Roll up the triangle from the side and place it vertically on the plate.
Fold the napkin into a fir tree
In this video we showed you how to fold an original Christmas tree. But there is also a simple variant.
- Place the napkin in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Now fold the left and right tips inwards so that a pointed triangle is created at the top.
- Fold the lower tip up about 1 cm.
- Fold the lower right part towards the middle. Do the same with the lower left part.
- Fold the diamond in the middle.
- Then bend the lower half down again.
- Turn the napkin over.
A flame in the glass
This napkin fold looks wonderfully classy. Like real flame that comes out of the glass. It can be implemented amazingly quickly.
- Fold the napkin in half.
- Fold the rectangle into a square.
- Turn the napkin.
- Take the first two layers and fold them up.
- Turn the napkin over and fold the other two layers up. This creates a triangle.
- Fold the triangle in half.
- Take the top layer, fold it once to the right and once to the left.
- Turn the napkin over and do the same with all three layers.
- Put the folded napkin upright in a wine glass.
- Pluck the individual napkin layers apart.