What’s in your festive Easter menu for dessert? No ideas yet? Serve yummy Easter cookies with a bird’s nest that will please everyone. Check out the recipe here!
Tasty bird’s nest cookies for Easter
Ingredients for the Easter cookies:
- 1 1/4 cups flaky coconut flakes
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of soft, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 60 candied chocolate eggs
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Spread coconut flakes on baking paper and bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Let cool down.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until creamy. Add the egg, vanilla and coconut extract and mix. Add the flour mixture and stir well.
- Shape the dough into approx. 3 cm balls and roll them in the desiccated coconut so that they are completely covered. Arrange 8 cm apart on baking paper and press in the middle. Slightly lift the edges of the cookies so that they form a nest.
- Bake until golden brown for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking paper. Place 2-3 chocolate eggs on top of the cookies before serving.
Dessert ideas with cupcakes nests
Desiccated coconut dipped in chocolate