Preparing finger food vegetarian is a convenient and inexpensive cooking option for many occasions, as well as for beginners. Nowadays, more and more people prefer plant-based foods as an alternative to healthy eating. There are many types of vegetarian diets. By definition, vegetarians do not eat meat, but some of them have fish or dairy products on their menu. Use the following recipes to find out how you can quickly and easily prepare your finger food vegetarian at home.
Prepare finger food vegetarian for various occasions
A successful party or official event is mostly related to the delicious food and drinks. Treat your guests to small snacks instead of traditional salads and dishes. This saves you time and money, especially if you prepare the finger food vegetarianly yourself. Prepare a treat for the palate with exquisite homemade vegetarian creations. Discover recipe ideas for easy-to-make party snacks that you can put on the table for various occasions.
Simple humus – tasty and healthy snack
Chickpeas are the star ingredient when it comes to humus. They are rich in protein and contain more than ten micronutrients, including a hefty amount of minerals and copper, which make our hair and skin beautiful and healthy. It’s a great, nutritious snack. Serve with crunchy vegetables for dipping or simply with flatbread.
- 1 can or jar of chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame paste
- 1 lemon
- native olive oil
Drain the chickpeas and place in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients, season with a pinch of salt and mix everything together. Use a kitchen spatula to skim the humus from the bowl. Serve with vegetables depending on the season, such as carrots, cucumbers, radishes or peppers, as well as warm flatbread. Green asparagus or even apples also taste very good with it.
Crispy Caribbean-style vegetarian spring rolls
Filled with a mixture of sweet potato and salsa sauce, these spring rolls are very suitable for vegetarians. These goodies will disappear from the aperitif tray before the party really gets going.
- 1 pc. Sweet potato
- half a can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 22 wonton dough sheets
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups of salsa sauce
- Peel the sweet potato and poke a few holes. Place the piece in the microwave on the highest setting for 12-14 minutes until it becomes tender. When it cools, cut in half and spoon out the potato mixture. Puree these in a bowl, then add black beans, onions, coriander, lime juice, salt, cumin, jalapeno and garlic.
- Lightly brush water on all four edges of the sheet of dough. Keep the remaining rolls covered with a damp paper towel until they are ready to use. With a tablespoon, smear the dough from the filling and roll it tight. Repeat the process with the remaining spring rolls.
- Place the rolls with the seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and also grease the top a little. Bake at maximum temperature until they turn golden brown. Serve with salsa sauce.
Spring onion & Halloumi cheese bruschettes with carrots & Saffron Dip
An interesting new starter with grilled cheese from Cyprus. Tip: If you want to reduce the saltiness of the halloumi, you can soak it in cold water for 2 hours.
- 225 g package of halloumi cheese
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 50 ml of virgin olive oil
- a pinch of saffron threads
- Lemon juice from 1/2 fruit
- 100 g blanched almonds, whole
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 12 spring onions
- 1 piece of red chicory with separate leaves
- Cut the cheese evenly into 8 slices. Preheat the oven to approx. 200 C. Mix the carrots with olive oil, saffron, lemon juice and a little spice. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Let the whole thing cool and chop it up with the almonds in the food processor. Skim off the salsa and add the chopped cilantro. Mix well and season if necessary.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan and fry the halloumi slices over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- You can now toast the sourdough bread and rub the garlic on one side. Place a piece of toas bread in each of 4 plates and place 2 slices of cheese on top. Fry the spring onions briefly in the pan until they are tender. Then place 3 pieces of it on each halloumi-topped slice of bread and smear all of them generously with the salsa mixture. Serve everything with the chicory leaves.
Prepare finger food vegetarian – stuffed mushrooms with pecans
Basil, parmesan and mushrooms go well with this finger food treat, while the buttery pecans add a surprising crispiness. The children will keep asking for it.
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven and remove the stalks from the mushrooms. Finely chop the stalks. Set the mushroom caps aside and heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Then add the chopped pieces and onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until the liquid evaporates.
- In the meantime you can combine the rest of the ingredients. Fill the mushroom caps with the fried mixture and bake everything uncovered in a greased baking dish for about 15-18 minutes. Serve this finger food warm.
Prepare vegetarian finger food for children
If your children are picky about food and you are doing everything possible to prevent chaos at the table, then you have to try to prepare healthy finger food for your little one as vegetarian. Here are a few simple and cute summer day suggestions that you absolutely must try.
Fruit ice cream on a stick
Children love ice cream and a little refreshment on a hot day is always welcome.
- Can of fruit mix with some juice
- Paper cups and wooden sticks
Simply pour the contents of the can into the cups and let them freeze briefly in the freezer until they are not completely liquid. Then take them out and put the wooden sticks in. Then freeze again and the fruit ice cream will be ready in a few hours.
Banana ice cream on a stick
- 5 bananas, medium ripe
- 10 wooden sticks
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 3 cups of chocolate syrup
Peel the bananas, cut them in half and stick a wooden stick in each half. Then dip each banana in the chocolate sauce and roll it into the peanuts. Then leave them in the freezer for 3 hours. complete!
Fresh strawberries with cheesecake filling
- 1 pack of cream cheese
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract (you can also use vanilla extract)
- 1/2 kg of fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar and chocolate shavings for decoration
- Use a ball cutter to scoop out the strawberries. Use a paring knife to cut off the bottoms of the fruit so that they stand straight. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and almond extract in a bowl. Squirt the cream into the strawberries and decorate with the chocolate shavings. Keep the finger food creation in the refrigerator until the guests arrive.