Super low in calories and fat, but very rich in protein – chicken meat is undoubtedly one of the most popular protein suppliers. It doesn’t always have to be the boring grilled chicken, because the popular poultry can be prepared in countless different ways. Whether delicious stews, wonderful casseroles or a quick tray of recipes with chicken – the selection is really huge and there is guaranteed to be something for every taste! Would you like a bit of variety on the table and are you looking for new ideas? How about, for example, a creamy mozzarella chicken in a basil cream sauce? So go shopping quickly and try one of the following recipes!
Quick mozzarella chicken in a creamy basil sauce
Chicken recipes are monotonous and boring? Not even close! Creamy, tender and very delicious – your family will love this mozzarella chicken in creamy basil sauce, we promise! For even more flavor, the meat is cooked in a light tomato sauce and with 379 calories per serving, it is ideal for a light and healthy dinner!
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 kilogram of chicken breast fillet
- 160 grams of buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried oregano and basil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the tomato sauce:
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 800 grams of diced tomatoes, canned
- 120 ml whipped cream, well chilled
- A bunch of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 30 grams of parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mozzarella chicken preparation:
- Cut the chicken breast fillet into 6 cutlets of approximately the same size and press flat.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl and season the chicken well on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and after 2-3 minutes put the meat evenly and in one layer.
- Fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown on each side, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the garlic in the pan for about 30 seconds. Then add the tomatoes and the Italian seasoning.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parmesan and cream and stir well.
- Add the basil and chicken to the pan and cover with the sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella and cook for another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with additional basil and serve hot over rice, pasta or roasted vegetables.
Creamy mozzarella chicken with bacon in a cream sauce
Who can please turn down a delicious dinner that combines chicken and bacon? Quickly prepared, nicely cheesy and with a crispy note – this mozzarella chicken in a basil cream sauce is the ultimate enjoyment during the week!
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 500 grams of chicken breast
- 4 strips of bacon
- 240 ml chicken broth
- 240 ml heavy cream or half cream with cream cheese for a lighter sauce
- 240 grams of mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 100 grams of fresh spinach (optional)
- Half a bunch of basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breast into 3 equal pieces and season with Italian spices, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in the pan. Add the garlic and paprika powder and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and chicken broth and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry it in a separate pan over medium heat until crispy.
- Add the cream, mozzarella and spinach to the tomato sauce, reduce the heat and simmer covered for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Return the bacon and chicken to the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a side dish as desired and enjoy!
Crispy mozzarella chicken from the oven in a basil cream sauce
Especially in summer we want to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen and want tasty and lighter dishes. This crispy mozzarella chicken in a basil cream sauce fulfills all of these criteria and tastes just perfect. And the best thing? Since the sauce is actually made without cream, one serving has only 276 calories. But believe us – nobody will notice the difference!
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs
- 240 ml milk
- 130 grams of light mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each of paprika powder, salt and pepper
Basil cream sauce:
- 45 grams of butter
- 30 grams of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- 120 ml milk
- 180 ml of chicken broth
- some fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix breadcrumbs with paprika in a small bowl and put milk in a separate container.
- First dip the chicken breast fillets in the milk and then toss them well in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet and top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn the chicken and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream sauce. To do this, melt the butter in a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken stock, milk, pesto and salt and simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Drizzle the chicken breast fillets generously with the sauce and serve.
Delicious lasagne with chicken and creamy basil sauce
How about a different kind of mozzarella chicken in a basil cream sauce? Full of taste and wonderfully delicious – this recipe for Caprese Lasagne is comfort food at its best!
- 400 grams of cooked and shredded chicken
- 400 grams of canned artichoke hearts
- 230 grams of grated mozzarella
- 45 grams of grated parmesan
- 25 grams of sun-dried tomatoes
- 240 ml cream
- 120 grams of cream cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 50 grams of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 300 grams of mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the chicken, artichokes, 100 grams of grated mozzarella, parmesan, tomatoes and half of the basil in a large bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese, cream, garlic, salt and pepper in a separate bowl with the hand mixer until smooth. Stir in the rest of the basil.
- Mix half of the cream cheese mixture with the chicken well and spread the rest on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place 3 lasagne sheets on top and top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Spread the mozzarella slices on top.
- Repeat the above step two more times and finally sprinkle with the rest of the grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, let cool down briefly and enjoy!