We offer you a delicious Recipe for carrot cake, that you won’t get enough of. If you prefer fewer calories, there is a note under the recipe on how you can replace some of the ingredients.
Carrot Cake Recipe – Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can pineapple compote, drained (keep the juice), strained pineapple
- 2 cups of grated carrots (approx. 4-6 medium-sized)
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut chips (or desiccated coconut)
- 340 g soft, low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Recipe for carrot cake – preparation
That Recipe for carrot cake is not only quick to prepare, but also pretty easy:
- For the cake: preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Grease a cake tin (approx. 9 x 13 cm).
- Roast walnuts in a small baking pan for about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and 1/4 cup pineapple juice together well. Stir in pineapple, carrots and desiccated coconut. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Then stir in the nuts. Distribute the finished dough evenly in the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (toothpick test). Let it cool.
- For the glaze: Spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet and bake at 150 degrees golden-brown (5-10 minutes).
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until a creamy mixture is formed. Brush the cooled cake with this glaze. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- A juicy carrot cake with fewer calories is also possible: replace sugar with 3/4 cup sweetener and 3/4 cup sugar. Use sweetener suitable for baking. Icing sugar can also be replaced with sweetener. However, some people notice a certain aftertaste.
Delicious and healthy – bake carrot cake
Carrot cake for the children’s birthday party