Attention chocolate fans! Those who enjoy their desserts with chocolate are guaranteed to love this creative and, above all, delicious idea. We’ll show you how to turn chocolate into small bowls by simply using ice cubes. So instead of garnishing your desserts with chocolate, do it the other way around and use chocolate dessert bowls! Anyone can make the chocolate bowls. And so that the finished hollow chocolate cubes do not remain empty, we show you not just one chocolate cube recipe, but four!
Chocolate cubes recipe – How to make your own chocolate bowls
For the square chocolate bowl:
- Ice cube tray for 8 large ice cubes
- Wooden sticks (e.g. kebab skewers)
- 1 handful of berries
For the fruit sorbet in dark chocolate bowls:
- 1 handful of any berries
- 1 orange
- 400 g melted dark chocolate
- 115 g of sugar syrup
- 1 waffle
- optional: mint leaves and fruits for garnish
Chocolate coffee cream in white chocolate:
- 1 1/2 tbsp coffee beans
- 200 g sour cream
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 400 g of melted white chocolate
- 115 g of store-bought or homemade brownies
- 1 cookie / biscuit
- optional: milk foam and cocoa powder for garnish
Brownie in a milk chocolate mug:
- 400 g of melted milk chocolate
- 1 brownie
- 115 g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated zest of one lemon
- 150 g cream
- Piping bag
- powdered sugar
- Kitchen burner
White chocolate mousse in a dark chocolate bowl:
- 1 sheet of gelatin
- 130 g milk
- 1/2 scraped vanilla bean
- 85 g white chocolate
- 100 g sour cream
- 400 g melted dark chocolate
- optional: white chocolate for garnish
Make desserts yourself in chocolate bowls – the preparation
- For the Sorbet Chocolate cubes recipe: Distribute the berries in two of the molds and squeeze the juice of the orange in them.
- the Coffee creme: Roast the coffee beans in a saucepan and then add the sour cream and brown sugar. Bring the sour cream to the boil and turn the stove off again. As soon as this coffee cream has cooled down a bit, use it to fill the next two ice cube molds. Let the cream run through a sieve to catch the coffee beans.
- For the Brownie dessert with milk chocolate: Fill the next two ice cube molds with water.
- the white chocolate mousse: Soak the gelatin in water. In the meantime, heat the milk with the vanilla. Squeeze out the gelatin and dissolve it in the milk. Crush the white chocolate and melt it in the warm milk as well. Now stir in the sour cream and fill the last two molds with this finished mousse.
- Now insert a wooden stick into each shape and freeze everything for at least 24 hours.
- For each dessert, melt the chocolate in separate bowls in the double boiler.
Then you can start with each chocolate cube recipe and prepare the desserts as described below. While you are preparing one of the desserts, the ice cube tray with the other creams should be stowed in the freezer so that they do not thaw in the meantime!
Make your own chocolate cups for the sorbet
- Now you can make the first chocolate cups yourself: Take the fruit cubes out of the mold, dip them in the dark chocolate and place the cubes on a plate. As soon as the chocolate is hard, you can remove the fruit from the chocolate cube.
- Now put the frozen fruits with the sugar syrup in a container after you have removed the wooden sticks and puree them with a hand blender. Cut two waffles so that they fit in the chocolate bowls and place them inside. Fill the cups with the fruit pulp and garnish with mint leaves and fruits. A quick and easy chocolate cube recipe!
Chocolate cubes recipe for a dessert with chocolate coffee cream
- The chocolate cube recipe for the coffee and cream variant is made in a similar way: Take the coffee and cream cubes out of the mold and dip them into the white chocolate. Put them on a plate and remove the cream cubes from the chocolate cubes as soon as the chocolate has hardened.
- Melt the cream cubes in a saucepan and stir in the dark chocolate.
- Cut the cookies or biscuits to fit the white chocolate cubes and place them inside.
- Pour coffee cream into each white chocolate bowl and garnish with milk foam and cocoa powder.
Make hollow chocolate cubes with ice cubes – brownie and milk chocolate
- Take the ice cubes out of the mold and dip them in the milk chocolate. Put them on a plate to allow the chocolate to harden and remove the ice cubes from the chocolate.
- Cut the brownies to fit the chocolate cube and then place them inside. You can of course also use homemade brownies for the chocolate cube recipe.
- Mix the cream cheese with the vanilla extract, the grated lemon zest and the whipped cream, put the cream in a piping bag and fill the milk chocolate cubes with it.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, which you then lightly caramelize with the kitchen burner, which gives you a delicious crust.
Chocolate cubes Recipe for bowls with white chocolate mousse
- Now remove the last cubes of white mousse and immerse them completely in the melted dark chocolate.
- As soon as the chocolate is hard, you can remove the stick and garnish the cube with white chocolate shavings. If you want, you can make bowls again for this chocolate cube recipe instead of dipping the whole cube in the chocolate.