A Mexican salad with quinoa is waiting for you in this post where we are going to present you with a great recipe today. It’s full of fresh ingredients and also has a nimble touch thanks to the jalapeño sauce. Get your daily dose of vitamins with this perfect salad as a starter or main course.
Mexican salad with quinoa
If you want to bring the spring fever and are in the mood for lighter food with lighter colors, you can try this flavourful recipe. This is where a Mexican salad with quinoa comes in. This one is so full of healthy ingredients that will help prepare the salad more often as part of your daily menu. The addition of quinoa keeps this dish on the even healthier side, and you can enjoy it as lunch or in the evening. The meal is also suitable as a snack between meals or during work.
The Mexican flavors such as black beans, corn, avocado, paprika and the jalapeño vinaigrette dressing round off the whole thing. Your taste buds come to life when the fork touches your tongue. The composition is also ideal as a side dish to a hearty steak or meat dish, as well as to wraps and margaritas.
You can also definitely add some of your favorite ingredients to this quinoa salad recipe too. For example, a few different types of peppers, red onions work well, and if you want to make this a complete meal, chicken would be a great addition. The salad dressing doesn’t have to be very spicy, but it could be a little spicier to add flavor. You can only use half of a medium sized pepperoni.
Tips for the preparation
- Prepare the dressing the day before – adjust fresh jalapenos as you like to add flavor to the sauce.
- The quinoa can be cooked in a chicken or vegetable broth for added flavor.
- The ingredients can be prepared – slice and add the avocado until you’re ready to eat everything to keep it from turning brown.
- You can also prepare this salad as a Mexican layer salad in a mason jar. Add some vinaigrette to the bottom of the glass, then the quinoa and pile the other ingredients.
- Such a Mexican salad can be served warm or cold.
- Kitchen items you might need: chopper, mixing bowl.
- Quinoa (cooked) – 300 g
- 1 red pepper
- Corn – 1 can
- black beans – 1 can
- 1 avocado
- Parsley – 30 g
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Lime juice – 2 tbsp
- 2 jalapenos (fresh or canned)
- Dijon mustard – ½ tsp
- salt and pepper
- Put the quinoa and water (or stock) in a medium-sized saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes until ready.
- Cover and let the cooked rest for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the peppers, onion, black beans, corn and avocado, mix gently and set aside.
- In a small food processor or even in a small bowl, add the apple cider vinegar, oil, honey, lime juice, jalapeno, Dijon mustard, garlic and S. & P combine; Stir mixture until smooth.
- When the quinoa has cooled a little, add it to the vegetables, throw everything together to mix, then sprinkle with the dressing and mix again.
- A Mexican salad can be served warm or chilled. Bon Appetit!