If you prefer light cuisine, an Italian-inspired Mediterranean pasta salad can be the right dish for any occasion. For this reason we have prepared a great salad of this type in today’s recipe. The simple products combine great flavors in a slightly spicy composition of salami, pasta, mozzarella and crunchy vegetables. Just check out our guide to determine that the only thing you need to cook is the pasta. This also means that you can, for example, quickly improvise with it after work.
Mediterranean pasta salad from Tuscany
So this is a Mediterranean pasta salad that is loaded with Tuscan flavor and tastes very light. You don’t have to prepare the simple pasta dish on the basis of mayonnaise, although this is mostly the case with pasta salads. This makes the food just as healthy as conventional salads and you can also feed a “crowd” with it.
For example, you can bring the salad to a barbecue or serve it with grilled chicken on the side. However, it is also possible to complement the dish with other meat cubes to make it even heartier and more filling. The whole thing is also suitable as a packed lunch and definitely saves you time and money.
- 450 g pasta (spaghetti or macaroni)
- 200 g of chopped salami
- 175 g sliced black olives
- Mini mozzarella balls or sliced mozzarella
- 175 g fresh green peppers, chopped
- 60 ml of virgin olive oil
- 175 g fresh red peppers, chopped
- Squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- First, boil water in a large saucepan and add a teaspoon of salt.
- Then add the pasta to the boiling water and let it firm to the bite or cook according to the instructions on the package.
- Finally, drain the pasta and pour it into a large bowl.
- First, add salami, red and green peppers, black olives, and mozzarella.
- The salad dressing is easy to whisk together with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper flakes in a separate beaker.
- Finally, pour the dressing over the salad and serve warm.