The wall design plays a big role in the overall look of the room. Strong colors look cheerful, but make the room look smaller and darker and tire the eyes too quickly. Light nuances, on the other hand, are often perceived as too boring. Then there is only one thing left – to combine several colors in a creative way. We offer you Wall colors inspiration for your home – this is how you bring out niches and corners better and create a pleasant ambience.
Wall colors inspiration – choose the right shade according to the room conditions
If you are moving into a new house / apartment right now, the first thing you should do is change the color of the wall. Nowadays, most manufacturers offer a wide range of colors in different shades. With these tips you can quickly choose a suitable variant:
– Match the wall color to the furniture colors. This is the only way to create a harmonious living environment.
– Beginners can choose one color in two different shades, those who already have a certain amount of experience can combine several colors.
– The golden rule applies – cold colors only with cold or with non-colors, and warm colors likewise – only combine with warm or non-colors. Blue, green, yellow are considered cold, while warm – orange, pink, brown, red. Non-colors are black, white, or the neutral beige and camel.
– Niches and corners form the perfect background for imaginative wall designs in two colors.
– Large rooms can be decorated with patterns, but it is better not to use them for smaller ones.
You can find inspiring examples of wall design in the photo gallery below – maybe there is one that you particularly like?
Wall colors inspiration for the living room – pink and gray
The combination of brown and orange makes the niche appear more open and larger
Orange and white for the living room in a retro style
Blue and gray form an attractive color duo for the living room
Fireplace mantel in white, fireplace in anthracite, wall – in ice blue and light blue
Design the children’s room creatively – wall colors make even small rooms look inviting and cheerful
Living room in gray color – stylish idea for wall decoration
All ideas are from Crown Paint