With the slowly rising temperatures, all women want only one thing – somehow poke their hair away from their face and still look good at the same time. No matter whether for short, long, medium-length hair or braided hairstyles with bangs – braids in all imaginable variations are a timeless classic and are particularly popular in the warm summer months. But for this season the braid is being reinterpreted and a new hair trend is in the spotlight. What is meant is the pull-through braid braid hairstyle or translated in German – pulled through braid. It may sound strange, but this is kind of a “fake” braid of ponytails that looks totally adorable and fascinating. If you have two left hands and braiding your hair is not for you, then you are in good hands with the chic hairstyle! To inspire you to embrace the new trend, we’ve put together some pull-through braid instructions and lots of cool looks!
The search for pull-through braid instructions on the social platform Pinterest has increased by 155% in the last few months. Hundreds of new pictures and looks with the trend hairstyle appear every day in the other social networks. Although the continuous braid looks incredibly elaborate and complicated at first glance, it is easily conjured up in just a few simple steps and in less than 10 minutes. It’s the perfect look for those days when you just don’t feel like or have time for complicated hairstyles. All you need is a bunch of tiny hair ties and you’re done!
Pull-Through Braid Instructions – This is how easy a pull-through braid is conjured up
Without a doubt, braids always look elegant and modern, but some braids are quite difficult to learn and take a lot of practice and patience. Thankfully, that’s not the case with a pull-through braid braid. As soon as you have understood and mastered the basic concept behind the trendy look, you can dare to try other different variations. Whether it’s a chic half-open hairstyle, two braids or put around the head as a crown – there are absolutely no limits to your imagination. The only requirement for this look is that your hair is at least shoulder length. All you need for accessories is a brush and several elastic mini hair ties, ideally transparent.
- First, comb through your hair. Cut off a small section of hair on the top of the head and tie it into a pigtail with a mini hair tie.
- Take a strand of the same thickness about 4 centimeters below the first braid and tie it back into a braid.
- Now take the top braid and divide in half. Lay the strands evenly under the second braid and secure with a hair elastic.
- Tie a third braid while adding some hair from the sides.
- Repeat the process, always including the hair from the last braid.
- You can either do the straight braid all the way to the tips or braid the hair into a classic French braid.
- For more volume and so that the hair gets more fullness, pull the individual hair sections apart slightly with your fingers.
- So that the hairstyle lasts for a long time, you can fix it with a little hairspray and the pull-through braid is ready! Yes, it was that simple!
Chic and trendy – double braid instructions
Whether for the beach, for a girls’ evening or as a hairstyle for the office – the double braid is not only incredibly practical, it also looks very refreshing and playful. And the best thing? Again, all you need for this look is a couple of mini hair ties and about 15 minutes of your time.
- For more grip and so that the hairstyle lasts all day, you can first put some volume powder or dry shampoo on the hair and only then comb through it well.
- Make a middle part from the roots to the nape of the neck and tuck a section of hair away with a hair tie or bobby pin.
- Tie a small ponytail on top of your head and another one directly below it. Divide the top braid in half and pull the second ponytail through between them. Secure with a hair tie.
- Secure the braid on top of your head so it doesn’t get in the way and tie a third ponytail.
- Repeat the steps 3-4 more times and secure the braid with a hair elastic. Then gently pluck out the individual strands for more volume and tease the hair.
- Repeat the process on the other side, apply hairspray and you’re good to go!
Side pull-through braid instructions for a romantic look
If you have already managed the classic straight braid, you should take your “braiding skills” to the next level and try the side variant of the trendy hairstyle! And it’s that simple:
- Brush your hair well and bring it over your left shoulder. Divide in half and tie two braids.
- Take the top ponytail and divide it into 2 strands. Pull the lower braid between the halves and secure with a hair elastic.
- Repeat the process until you get to the ends of your hair.
- Gently pull out the individual strands, fix the Pull-Through Bread braided hairstyle and voilà!
- A little styling tip: for a polished and flawless look, wrap a thin section of hair around the first elastic band before continuing with the hairstyle.
Pull-Through Braid – More stylish looks and inspiration for the trendy hairstyle
So simple and yet so breathtaking – we are not surprised that the pull-through braid together with hairstyles with slanted bangs is one of the hippest and most sought-after looks for the summer.
Let the pulled braid go diagonally for a brand new and adorable half-open hairstyle. For the look, just start “braiding” from the left until you reach the right side of the head. For a more casual and playful touch, pull out the braid and you’re done. Gentle beach waves have a romantic effect and completely round off the overall picture.
Attention all women with extra long hair! Channel your inner Rapunzel and show off your mane with this fairytale yet casual hairstyle. Whether for the weekend or for an official event – you can’t go wrong with the pull-through braid!
Hair accessories in all possible colors and sizes are one of the simplest and most elegant ways to add a touch of freshness and elegance to any hairstyle. Just create the classic straight through braid and wrap it up in a pretty bun to get this pretty hairstyle.
Do you think the pull-through braid look is great, but also love braided hairstyles or do you just feel creative? Then maybe this combination with a classic herringbone braid would be right for you! The unique braid gives the entire hairstyle a rocky and edgy look, which is wonderfully suitable for a music festival or concert on the beach.
This hairstyle is the perfect way to show off the intricate look of the pulled through braid with little effort and to showcase your long hair.
The crown braid is an absolute classic for formal occasions and will never go out of style. Fortunately, the elegant hairstyle also goes in the “solid” version and looks just as good!
Flowers and braids go together like summer and the beach. Hair accessories are a great way to add that certain something to any hairstyle.
Pull-through braids can be as complicated or as simple as you like – there are no limits to your imagination and creativity.
A full braid is a great way to spice up that good ol ‘ponytail.
Create more volume and make your hair look thicker by gently teasing the top section of hair with a fine comb.
Turn your hair into an intriguing three-dimensional wonder with this twisted braid. The longer your mane, the better and more elegant it will look!
Hairstyles with hair bows are super hip this year and give every look a refreshing and girlish touch.
Did you think that pull-through braids are only for long hair? Then you were very wrong! Even women with short hair can still rock the trend.
Twist the end of your “braid” inwards towards the nape of the neck and pin it in place with bobby pins, and you’ve conjured up a modern updo!
There are days when we just don’t feel like having elaborate hairstyles. But then this side braided hairstyle comes to our rescue and ensures a polished look without much effort.
A straight braid is the perfect way to tuck our hair away from our faces in summer.