Make your own Tinkerbell hairstyle: It’s so easy to create a trendy hairstyle for autumn!
From funny bubble braids to elegant banana hairstyles to short hairstyles with bangs – we women are constantly looking for new inspiration to change up our hair routine and freshen up our looks. Ideally, a hairstyle looks chic and glamorous and can be styled quickly and without much effort. In the past few months we have celebrated the return of many hairstyles such as rogue hair. But a new hair trend is coming our way for fall and winter that is attracting a lot of attention on the red carpet and on the streets. We’re talking about the Tinkerbell hairstyle – a look that was inspired by one of Disney’s most famous and cutest fairies. Basically, this is a cute, messy updo with a side-pony pony. Ready to try the latest hair trend? Channel your inner fairy and learn how to do the Tinkerbell hairstyle yourself!
This classic updo, which until a few years ago was actually only seen on the heads of professional ballerinas, is one of the biggest hair trends for this season. And although you might think that a bun is nothing more than a bun, the looks have continued to evolve. Whether messy bun, high bun or half-open hairstyles – the selection now seems to be endless and there is something for everyone. First, Kendall Jenner went for the trendy look at the American Music Awards last year. Then Perrie Edwards and Emma Watson flaunted it and showed us just how cool this simple hairstyle can actually be.
Make your own Tinkerbell hairstyle – It’s that easy to achieve the trendy look
Numerous celebrities and fashion influencers from around the world have opted for the chic updo and made the look incredibly popular and trendy. As the name suggests, the hairstyle was inspired by the Tinkerbell fairy from Disney’s film “Peter Pan”. In addition to the high bun, the disheveled bangs also play a crucial role. It should always go up to the eyebrows and gently frame the face. This makes the hairstyle look much more casual and relaxed. Conjured in less than 10 minutes, the look is the perfect solution for anyone who wants something chic and effortless. And with Halloween just around the corner, you could of course also opt for a full Disney Halloween costume. In combination with a pretty green dress you will look great, we promise!
A brush, hairspray, bun, plus a couple of bobby pins and hair ties, and around 5 to 10 minutes to spare – that’s all you need to get that trendy look! And this is how quickly and easily you can do the Tinkerbell hairstyle yourself:
- First brush the hair well over the head and tie it in a high ponytail at the top of the head.
- Next, pull the bun cushion around the hair elastic and lay the strands of the ponytail evenly around the bun from the inside out.
- Now pin the ends under the bun cushion with small hairpins, making sure that there are no gaps and that everything is completely covered.
- To complete the fairy look, you can tie a green bow around the bun.
- Now all you have to do is style the bangs sideways, fix everything with hairspray and voilà – your sweet Tinkerbell hairstyle is ready!
Do a “fake” pony to achieve the look
In order to get the look inspired by the Disney fairy, the side bangs play a decisive role in addition to the bun. Don’t you have a pony? There is nothing to worry about, because even in this case you can do the Tinkerbell hairstyle yourself. The solution to this, of course, is a fake pony. We’ll tell you how to do this below! The first option would be to buy some fake clip-in bangs. Yes, there is already something like that on the market! That might sound a bit strange, but believe us – it will add a refreshing touch to your look and make your hair look a lot fuller!
The second option would be to conjure up fake bangs out of your hair. Here is a simple step-by-step guide:
- Comb the hair well and separate the front section on the forehead to the middle of the head with a comb or with your fingers.
- To keep the remaining hair out of the way, tuck it away with bobby pins or tie it in a ponytail.
- Now comb the parted hair for the false bangs and lay it over the head in the desired length – whether long, short, sideways or straight, everything is allowed!
- Once you’re happy with the result, secure the bangs on top of your head with a few bobby pins.
- Now all you have to do is do the high bun and your Tinkerbell hairstyle is ready!
Do your own Tinkerbell hairstyle: More beautiful looks to re-style
A few braids give the trendy hairstyle a completely new and modern touch
So simple and chic at the same time – we are not surprised that the look is so popular among the stars
With a green dress you can transform yourself into a cute fairy in no time and you have the ultimate Halloween costume
A green bow gives the Tinkerbell hairstyle the finishing touch