Dirndl hairstyles for short hair – an overview of the most beautiful and simplest ideas!
It’s finally that time again – in September it’s Oktoberfest time! Folk festivals have a very long tradition in Germany. It doesn’t matter whether you prefer to relax on the beer bench or stroll through the festival area – a visit to the Oktoberfest should not be without the right hairstyle in addition to the classic dirndl. Short hairstyles like a classic bob or a playful pixie haircut are all the rage this year. But you have no idea how to style your hair? In this article we will show you many beautiful and very simple dirndl hairstyles for short hair that will highlight your femininity in an excellent way. Read on and get inspired!
Dirndl hairstyles for short hair – The most important tips for perfect styling!
So that your Oktoberfest hairstyle really works and lasts for a long time, we give you a few important styling tips!
- Before braiding, you should comb your hair very well. We recommend using an anti-static brush to prevent them from becoming statically charged.
- Since freshly washed hair has a lot less volume, you shouldn’t wash it right before braiding.
- In order for your hairstyle to last for as long as possible, try to pull your hair together as tightly as possible. If it does seem too strict afterward, you can always loosen it up a bit afterwards. We recommend that you always have a hair elastic close at hand.
- Use hairspray to quickly set your hairstyle afterwards.
Simple dirndl hairstyles for short hair – the braided pony
Do you have a long bob haircut and don’t know how to style your hair to match the Oktoberfest? Then you are very well advised with a braided, side pony! If your mane is long enough, you can also weave various delicate flowers into it – they will add a unique, playful touch to your look. All you have to do is braid your bangs into a lovely French braid on the side and you are done!
Romantic waterfall braids complete your look completely
The so-called Waterfall Braids look super beautiful and are an excellent option for anyone looking for Oktoberfest hairstyles for short hair. The braided strands hang playfully and the gentle waves look like flowing water – hence the name. The hairstyle looks great especially on bob hairstyles or chin-length hair. And this is how it is done:
- Make a side parting, separate a wide strand of hair and divide it into two sections.
- Lay the front part over the other and then simply let the second strand fall.
- Take a new strand from the top hair and place it over the first strand.
- Repeat the process until you have braided the hairstyle as much as you want.
Simple Dirndl Hairstyles for Short Hair – Braided Headband
Beautiful and at the same time very simple – the braided hairband can be styled in less than 5 minutes and is perfect for the Oktoberfest!
- Separate two small strands at the front of the head.
- Braid each strand individually and fix the two ends at the back of the head with a hair tie or a nice hair clip.
- Light beach waves create an even more romantic look. To do this, simply work the remaining hair with either a curling iron or a straightening iron.
- Fix the hairstyle with hairspray, put on a dirndl and off you go!
A peasant braid wreath is the perfect Oktoberfest hairstyle for short hair
Do you think a braided wreath is only suitable for longer hair? Then you are very wrong! The hairstyle also looks very good with a chin-length long bob and gives your Oktoberfest look a playful yet very elegant touch!
- Draw a part.
- Braid the hair in the French style from one side from the top to the nape of the neck.
- Repeat the process on the other side as well.
- The small strands that you cannot braid can easily be tamed with bobby pins and fixed with hairspray.
- Either tie the hair at the nape of the neck in a small bun or braid it up to the tips of the hair and tie it with a hair tie.
Cool boxer braids
The boxer braids look very cool and are one of the classic dirndl hairstyles for short hair. The look has been very popular in the last few months and even if you need a little dexterity for it – the end result is a real eye-catcher! In the following we explain step by step how it will work for you with certainty.
- Part the hair and divide the hair into two equal sections.
- Brush the hair properly and lay it backwards.
- Take a thin strand and divide it into 3 small strands.
- Then braid your hair into a Dutch braid.
- Braid up to the nape of the neck and tie with a thin hair tie.
- Repeat the process with the other half of your hair and you’re done!
Gretchenzopf Dirndl hairstyle
The Gretchenzopf is another very beautiful and stylish hairstyle that perfectly complements your Oktoberfest outfit.
- Draw a middle part.
- Braid the hair on both sides and tie it with a small hair tie.
- Then carefully and slowly fold the two plaited braids upwards and secure with bobby pins.
Spice up your Oktoberfest hairstyle with a beautiful wreath of flowers
Flower wreaths are one of the most popular hair accessories this year. Whether made from real flowers or as a headband with artificial flowers – floral wreaths are a timeless classic in the world of dirndl hairstyles for short hair. From light beach waves to beautiful braids – the styling variations are endless and give you a wonderful, romantic look! The variant that we have for you is for a half-open Oktoberfest hairstyle.
- Put the flower wreath on your head and wrap small strands around the hair band.
- Repeat the process until the tape can no longer be seen.
- Work the remaining hair with a curling iron and you’re done.
Gorgeous Oktoberfest hairstyles with a hat
Hats in all shapes and colors are all the rage this year. If braided hairstyles do not suit your taste, then you are well advised with a great hat. It rounds off your Oktoberfest look perfectly and special hair styling is not required. No matter whether you choose an open hairstyle or braid your hair into a deep bun or a side braid – either way you will look very chic!
Cool hairstyles with bobby pins
Undoubtedly, a pixie haircut looks amazing, but unfortunately you don’t have that many options when it comes to styling. However, you can add a little variety with a few bobby pins or chic hair clips decorated with flowers.
The Mowhak braid is a real eye-catcher
The Mowhak hairstyle may not be that popular yet, but it is the perfect choice for all women who have an undercut haircut. With this braided hairstyle, only the top of the head is braided into a French braid and then tied into a small bun.
Oktoberfest hairstyles for fine hair
At Oktoberfest, it’s all about one thing – drinking a beer and having a lot of fun. If your hair is thin and fine, the braided hairstyles may not be for you. We recommend that you keep your hair open. Light waves or curls provide even more volume and can be styled very quickly. Just do not forget to use a hairspray – this is the only way to keep the beautiful curls for a long time.
Do you think all of our ideas and suggestions are excellent, but unfortunately you have two left hands? So why not just go to your trusted hairdresser? All you have to do is make an appointment in good time and bring a picture of the hairstyle you want as a template.
More ideas and inspiration for dirndl hairstyles for short hair