Beautiful, gorgeous curls are currently more popular than ever and give our look a playful, girlish note. Well, as we all know, daily styling with a curling iron or straightener puts a lot of strain on our hair and leads to split ends and breaks. Fortunately, there are an incredible number of ways to conjure up casual beach waves or Afro curls without damaging your hair. If you want a little change from time to time and try out new hairstyles every now and then, then you’ve come to the right place! Whether with straws, a headband or even with socks – in this article we will show you many great tips and tricks for cool curls without heat!
You don’t always have to run to the hairdresser or use a curling iron to get curly hair. Most of the no-heat curl tutorials require nothing more than ordinary items that you likely already have at home. Slightly damp hair can be brought into shape particularly well and easily and is therefore ideal for all styling methods. So that the hairstyle lasts longer and if you have very straight hair, we recommend that you put some styling foam into your hair.
Make curls yourself without heat – sock curls are the latest hair trend
Make curly socks yourself? Yes you read it right! Sock curls are a very fun and easy way to get luscious and gorgeous curls. The hashtag #sockcurls on the TikTok app received over 33 million views in the past few months, with hundreds of videos of girls trying the trick. TikTop is an app where you can find lots of video instructions with hairstyles or make-up tips and is particularly popular with women. And this is how easy it is to make curls with socks yourself:
- Depending on how long and thick your hair is, you will need around 6 to 10 fresh socks.
- First, comb the slightly damp hair well and divide it into individual sections. The smaller the strands, the more defined the curls will be.
- Now wrap a strand of hair from the tips to the roots on the sock and loosely knot the two ends together.
- Repeat the process with the remaining strands and let the hair dry for at least 4-6 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- The next day, take off your socks, apply styling foam and you’re done!
Conjure up heat-free waves with a paper towel
Anyone looking for a gentle and fun method for curling curls without heat will definitely love the following instructions. All you need to achieve the look is a roll of towel paper, some hair ties, a hairbrush, a water-filled spray bottle, and hairspray.
Make curls yourself with towel paper Instructions:
- First, peel off a generous amount of towel paper and fold it horizontally.
- Then divide the hair into 4 sections and braid each strand with the paper and secure it to the underside with a hair elastic.
- Finally, apply some hairpay and let the hair dry out completely.
Make playful Afro curls yourself with straws
Have you always loved small and defined Afro curls? All you need for that great look is just a couple of straws. And it’s that simple:
- First of all, moisten the hair lightly and comb through well.
- Take small strands and wrap them individually on a straw and finally knot the ends of the straw together.
- Let the hair dry overnight and carefully remove the straws the next day. Apply hairspray and your curls are done without heat!
Make curls yourself without heat with a hair band
Hair bands are one of the most popular hair accessories in the last few months and in addition to many great hairstyles, you can also use them to conjure up beautiful, magnificent waves.
Curls with a hair band Instructions:
- Wash hair and brush well.
- Put the headband on your head so that it sits above your ears.
- Start with the front section of hair and tuck the strands into the hair band by twisting them a little beforehand.
- Repeat the process strand by strand until you have wrapped all of your hair around the headband.
- Set with hairspray and let dry for a few hours or overnight.
Or how about enchanting curls with aluminum foil?
When it comes to making curls yourself without heat, papilots are undoubtedly the timeless classic. But while not every woman has this at home, aluminum foil can be found in every household. You can make papilots out of aluminum foil yourself quickly and easily and the result is just as beautiful and stunning. Depending on how long your hair is, take a piece of aluminum foil and then roll it into a roll. To avoid unsightly kinks, you should make sure that the rollers are as round as possible. And this is how easy it is for you to achieve the look:
- Moisten the hair and divide it into small sections.
- Then take a thin strand and wrap it from the tips around the papilotte made of aluminum foil and press the ends together.
- Repeat the process with the remaining strands, apply hairspray and let dry for at least 5 hours.
It couldn’t be easier – curls without heat with mini snails
If you are looking for ideas for quick and easy hairstyles, then the following method is best for you. All you need are a couple of bobby pins or hair ties and 5 minutes of your time!
- Brush your hair and, depending on how big the curls should be, divide it into 4 to 10 sections.
- Apply some styling foam and twist and shape the individual strands like a snail.
- Secure with bobby pins or hair ties and let dry overnight.
Braided hairstyles for glamorous waves without heat
Braided hairstyles are all the rage and are another very easy and quick option for curls without heat. Whether French, Dutch or herringbone braid – no matter how you braid your hair – the end result is always stunning!