By the age of 2, little girls’ hair is long and full enough to be nicely styled. However, if the child cannot sit still for a long time, then complex hair styling becomes almost impossible. Therefore, children’s hairstyles should not take longer than a few minutes, which significantly limits the possibilities. But if you want to style your child’s hair beautifully quickly, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some cute 5 minute hairstyles for kids girls that you can master quickly. At the end of the article, you will also find a super simple trick for styling the thin kids hair.
The most beautiful 5 minute hairstyles for girls
Fast, simple and really cute – this is what all these 5-minute hairstyles for little girls have in common. Try them out before a walk, for daycare or just for a fun day at home.
The classic: French braid for children
The French braid is the classic among braided hairstyles for children and every mom should master it. We will now explain step by step how you can do the hairstyle yourself.
- Separate three small sections of hair at the parting.
- First cross the left and then the right side over the middle. (At this point, all three strands of hair are held in the left hand, separated by the fingers.)
- Now pick up the next strand of hair from the right side with the index finger of your right hand and cross it over the middle.
- Then place the three strands in your right hand so you can do the same on the left side with your left index finger.
- Repeat these simple steps until all of the hair is picked up and worked into the braid.
- Once all of the hair has been included in the braid (at this point you should be near the nape of the neck) proceed to braiding a simple three-strand braid.
- Secure the French braid at the end with an elastic band.
- Optional: Add glittery jewelry clasps and clips wherever you want to make the 5 minute braid hairstyle for kids more playful.
Tip: For two side braids, simply part the hair in the middle and braid a French braid on each side.
Mini French braid for girls with short hair
If your child’s hair falls at least two inches below their ears, you should be able to try a mini French braid on one side, if not both. Since most little girls’ hair is long, especially at the top and the front, you can just flip the thicker part to one side and use it.
- Divide the hair that you will be using into three small sections.
- Alternately cross each section towards the middle, picking up new hair each time before taking it from one side.
- Repeat until you reach an area that you can secure with an elastic band to keep it in place.
- With longer hair, you can go all the way to the nape of the neck.
Remember, unlike with fuller hair, these sections are very small. Do not grab more hair at once than you can pinch between two fingers, or parts of the braid may fall out. Secure the braid with an elastic band and add a ribbon or bow if you want. Voilà!
5 minute hairstyles for short hair
Looking for quick kid hairstyles for little girls with short hair? Then this cute hairstyle is an easy idea that is done very quickly. This is how the look works:
- Part the hair in the middle of the head.
- Take a small section from the front of one side and tie it with a hair elastic.
- Then take a larger section behind the front bangs, which starts at the ear and ends at the center parting. Tie this section together with the front bangs with an elastic band.
- Repeat the last two steps for the other side of the parting.
- Part the rest of the hair at the back of your head.
- Gather the hair from one side and the hair protruding from the ponytail and pull it into a ponytail. Secure with a rubber band.
- Repeat on the other side.
Children’s quick half-open hairstyle: braided bun
If you are looking for quick everyday hairstyles for kids, half-open hair is a great choice. Such a hairstyle keeps the front section of hair away from the face without the hair having to be completely pinned. If you want to make the child’s half-open hairstyle more interesting, then add a braided bun. How to make the braided half bun step by step:
- Tie the upper section of hair into a half-open hairstyle and secure with an elastic band.
- Section the hair over the elastic and pull the half bangs through the opening.
- Braid the hair and secure it with a small, thin elastic band at the bottom.
- Twist the braid into a snail and secure with bobby pins.
Waterfall braid for little girls in less than 5 minutes
This cute and simple waterfall braid is perfect for long or short hair.
- Take a two-inch section and divide it into three equal strands.
- Then start a three-strand braid, braiding twice without adding hair.
- On the third pass, take more hair in the back strand and braid it over the middle.
- Let the front strand fall, take another strand of the same size from the front and braid it over the middle. Repeat the process.
- When about three quarters of the length is reached, braid a normal braid and secure it with an elastic band.
Festive 5 Minute Hairstyles: Low Bun
The bun in children is just like in adults a hairstyle that is both festive and suitable for everyday use. Although this updo looks complicated for kids, it is actually really easy and quick to style. The bun is also the perfect way to keep hair away from your face on a hot day. That’s how it’s done:
- Tie your hair in a low ponytail.
- Section the hair above the ponytail, then loop it through the opening.
- Twist the end of the ponytail up and put it through the same loop. Secure with bobby pins.
- Decorate with a bow or flower.
One of the easiest kids updos: the high bun
The bun is a popular hairstyle for children that is worn by both girls and little boys. With these simple instructions, the hairstyle can be achieved in less than 5 minutes.
- Comb hair well, make a high ponytail and secure with a hair elastic.
- Twist the ponytail between your fingers until it begins to curl up. Then wrap it around the hair elastic and fix it with either bobby pins or a second hair elastic.
- Optional: embellish the high bun with a bow underneath. This also covers the hair clips.
Cute 5 Minute Hairstyles for Girls: Messy Double Buns
Your little girl is sure to fall in love with this hairstyle. Still known as space buns, the double bun hairstyle is a great choice for young women. If you want to take the hairstyle to the next level, you can braid the top or bottom section of your hair.
- Section the hair evenly into a center part using a needle handle comb. Use a hair elastic to cut off the half that you are not working on so that it does not interfere.
- Tie each half in a high braid, pulling the hair in the last loop only halfway through the hair elastic.
- Wrap the back end of the braid around the roots and secure with a bobby pin.
- Pull out parts of each bun as desired and loosen slightly.
- Optional: embellish with mini hair bows.
Thin hair? Every child’s hairstyle succeeds with this trick
Many children have thin hair that is quite difficult to style. However, there is a super simple trick that helps. Fill a spray bottle with water and just spray the hair on before styling it.
Extra tip: Use mini hair ties, as these hold very well in children’s fine hair.