If you like to wear beautiful, playful hairstyles in summer, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ll show you a few simple step-by-step instructions for cool summer hairstyles and give you some great suggestions! You don’t need a curling iron, flat iron or hair dryer. With a little practice and a sure instinct, you can easily recreate the look at home. Discover our selection of cool hairstyles for teenage girls and try them out for yourself!
Mini center parting braid for teenage girls
1. Part a small section of hair at the top of the head where you would normally part a center part. This section should be about 3 inches wide. To part the hair precisely, use a stick comb.
2. Secure the remaining hair to the side of the head with hair clips. So nothing bothers you later when braiding.
3. Separate three small strands of hair from the middle section and start to braid a French braid by adding a small strand over and over from the sides. The braid runs in the direction from the rearmost vertex to the forehead.
4. Continue braiding the braid up to your eyebrows. It may seem like you are braiding too far from your head, but it’s important for the next step.
5. Insert a bobby pin into the braid to secure it to your head. Then just let go of the rest. The braid will part so it was better to make it longer.
6. Divide the end of the braid in two and tuck each strand behind your ears. If these are a bit short, use bobby pins to hold them in place.
Variant with side parting
If you don’t feel comfortable with a center parting, you can try this variant with a side parting. The mini braid is braided back to front. This time it is fixed with a rubber band at the end.
Elegant black bows – feminine chic for teenage girls
The cutest fashion details for 2018 are bows! We like to wear these as jewelry in our hair!
1. Use a stick comb to part off part of the hair on the top of your head and create a half-high ponytail.
2. Secure the ponytail with an elastic band and then tie a hair bow on it. It is best to use a band approx. 12 cm long.
3. Then take the rest of the hair and tie a low ponytail at the back of your head. Fix with a rubber band.
4. Now add the top ponytail and tie both of them together with a second ribbon. Use a band that is 2 inches longer than the top because it will hold more hair together.
Dutch braids look perfect on a teenage girl
1. Using a stick comb, part your hair in two sections in the middle. Draw a line from your forehead to the nape of your neck.
2. Start with a Dutch braid on one side of your head. Basically, you proceed as with the French braid – only here the outer strands are not placed over, but under the middle one. It is best to pinch the rest of the hair while braiding a single section.
3. Braid the braid a few inches longer, down to the nape of the neck.
4. Tie the elastic at the hairline and leave the rest of the hair open. Repeat steps 2-4 on the other side.
1. To add grip to your straight hair, apply a texture spray.
2. Tease the hair at the back of the head. This will add volume to your hair and make your faux bob look nicer.
3. Separate your hair into two sections and secure each with an elastic band.
4. Pull each elastic band down so that it is about level with your collarbone.
5. Twist the end of the ponytail inward.
6. Pin the end of the ponytail at the nape of the neck with two bobby pins. First put one clip in your hair and then cross the other over it. Repeat steps 4-6 on the other side.
7. Pin both ends to the back of your head with a horizontally placed bobby pin. Bobby pins that are about three inches long work best.
8. To make the faux bob look natural, lightly brush the strands over the bobby pins or curl them with your fingers.
1. Separate your hair into two even sections, one at the front and one at the back, and tie the hair in a ponytail at the back of your head.
2. Take the front section of hair on the right side and pin it to the left of the ponytail. Slide the bobby pin vertically into your hair.
3. Now, take the remaining hair on the left side and drape it over the ponytail to hide the hair elastic. Twist the strand in once and fix it securely to the head by inserting a bobby pin horizontally into the hair. complete!
1. Take a section of hair from the area in front of the ears on the right side, twist it in and secure it to the back of the head with a horizontally placed bobby pin.
2. Separate a section of hair on the left side, twist it in and pin it under the first strand.
Ponytail with a side braid
1. Gather a section of hair above the ear, braid it tightly along the head to the end and secure it with a small hair elastic.
2. Tie all your hair, including the braid, in a ponytail and secure with a transparent hair tie. To hide the elastic, simply peel off a strand, wrap it around the ponytail, and pin the end out of sight.
1. Separate the hair into three equal sections and tie three ponytails with thin, transparent elastic bands.
2. Take the top ponytail and pull the top down through the center of the ponytail attachment. Now do the same with each ponytail.
3. Pull the top two ends down through the ponytails.
Four strand braid
1. Separate your hair into two sections and braid two loose braids.
2. Braid each braid to the end and secure it with an elastic band.
3. Secure both braids with bobby pins invisibly from the inside to create a filigree braid.
4. Tie the two braids together with an elastic band and hide the elastic band with a strand of hair.
Turn away bangs
1. Make a deep, short part.
2. Cut off a strand of pony and twist it in. (You can also gradually add strands from your temple and twist them in.)
3. The twirled strand is fixed about 7 cm from the face with a bobby pin. It is best to insert the bobby pin horizontally into your hair (the end points towards your face).
Wear hair open at the sides
1. Make a deep parting in the middle and comb the hair straight to the right side.
2. Take a section of hair on the left side and braid a French braid close to your head.
3. Secure the braid with a rubber band and pin it invisibly at ear level.
You may have already convinced yourself: a cool teenage girl hairstyle doesn’t have to be complicated to look beautiful! Take a look at all the inspirations in our picture gallery and try them out for yourself!