In just a few weeks it will finally be that time again – it’s carnival time! These great days always need to be celebrated properly, even if you are a young mother. Just because your baby is only a few months old doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on your favorite party – there are an incredible number of great ideas for carnival costumes for parents on the Internet! If your little one is still too small to walk and you don’t feel like taking the stroller with you, then we have the solution for you! A costume baby carrier is not only incredibly cute, but also totally comfortable – both for the newborn and for you! Read on and get inspired by our favorite ideas!
Finding the right disguise for you and your newborn can sometimes be a real challenge – it has to be beautiful and fun as well as comfortable. The best thing about most baby carrier costume ideas is that most of the time all you have to do is dress up the carrier and yourself. To complete the look, you could put a themed hat on the baby or a matching shirt.
Make popcorn baby carrier costume yourself – a fun group costume for the whole family
Turn your baby into your favorite treat by making a costume baby carrier popcorn yourself! You and your husband could also dress up as employees in the cinema. All you need for your outfit is a white shirt, black vest, and bright red bow tie.
Required materials for the costume baby carrier popcorn:
- 1 white cotton hat
- White and red felt
- Textile glue
- Microwave popcorn
And it’s that simple:
- For the cute popcorn hat, you first have to prepare the popcorn according to the instructions on the packet.
- Now either stick the popcorn all over the hat with textile glue or sew it on with a needle and thread.
- For the popcorn bag, first cut the white felt to size.
- Cut about 17-20 thin and long strips from the red felt and glue them to the white felt with a distance of 2 centimeters from each other.
- In order for the baby carrier costume to sit correctly, you first have to put on the carrying bag and only then add and attach the finished popcorn bag.
- Now just put the baby in the baby carrier and you’re good to go!
The classic – bank robber and booty-bag carnival costume
Without any doubt, the bank robber costume is the classic for everyone who is looking for fun and yet simple carnival costumes at the last minute. Grab black jeans, a black or black and white striped sweatshirt from your wardrobe and a black hat and turn yourself into a criminal in less than 5 minutes. The costume becomes even funnier if your husband disguises himself as a police officer who has arrested you, for example.
For the baby carrier costume you will need the following:
- A cushion cover or a slightly larger fabric bag in beige
- A black pen
- Some fake US dollars or euros (the money from “Monopoly” or similar parlor games are ideal for this)
Quick step by step instructions:
- Use the black pen to draw a large dollar sign on the pillowcase and glue a few false banknotes to them with superglue.
- Now just attach the fabric to the baby carrier and your carnival costume is ready!
Harry Potter costumes for all wizards among you!
Attention all Harry Potter fans – it’s time to turn your baby into the most famous wizard in the world! For your own outfit you can choose between a lot of great and unbelievable characters from the books – from classmate Hermione Granger to headmaster Albus Dumbledore, everything is allowed! If you have to go fast, we have a tip for you – you are spot on with a black robe with the 4 different house symbols and a witch hat!
And this is how quickly the Harry Potter costume baby carrier is tinkered:
- Dress the baby in a white shirt, knitted vest, and dark cloth trousers.
- Wrap a red and gold Gryffindor scarf around your neck – unless you prefer another Hogwarts house.
- Draw the famous lightning scar with a washable, child-friendly marker.
- Now just a pair of round synthetic glasses to round off the costume and your sweetheart will look just like little Harry Potter!
The sweet Maya the bee is perfect as a quick costume for mother and children
Whether for young and old, for carnival or Halloween – animal costumes are always popular! Make for a super cute and honey-sweet appearance and dress your little baby in a self-made Maya the bee costume with a baby carrier.
Bees costume babies materials needed:
- Yellow baby hat
- Black and yellow washi tape
- black pipe cleaners
- 2 yellow pompoms
- hair clip
- black cardboard box
Quick step by step instructions:
- First stick a few strips of black washi tape horizontally on the hat.
- Attach the yellow pompoms to the pipe cleaners and then glue them to the hat.
- Take a black baby carrier and decorate it with yellow strips of washi tape.
- Cut a heart out of the cardboard box and glue it to the baby carrier.
- And that’s how easy it is to conjure up the most adorable costume with baby carrier in less than 10 minutes!
Dress up your baby like a delicious and sugar-sweet pineapple
Are you longing for summer, sun and vacation? So why not dress up as a tourist and make a pineapple costume for your newborn? For your outfit, all you have to do is put on a Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses and a hat and you’re good to go!
For the pineapple costume baby carrier you need:
- Yellow cotton fabric or a yellow pillowcase
- White acrylic paint
- Fine brush
- 2 pieces of green felt in different shades
- Hot glue gun
- Headband for babies
Step by step instructions:
- Cut a piece of yellow fabric large enough to completely cover the baby carrier.
- Using the white acrylic paint and brush, draw diagonal lines to create a diamond pattern and allow to dry for about 5-6 hours.
- For the crown, cut out a large number of leaves from the green felt and then glue them to the front of the headband.
- Finally, dress your baby completely in yellow and the fun can begin!
So you can make a unicorn costume for babies yourself
Unicorns are fantastic creatures that enchant young and old with their beauty. Bring some color into your carnival look and make a unicorn costume for your little princess.
For this you will need the following materials:
- a white, cozy overall for babies with a hood
- Felt in light pink, dark pink, white and peach
- Hot glue gun
- Silver cord
Unicorn costume for baby carrier tinker Instructions:
- To shape the horn for the unicorn costume, cut a triangle out of the peach-colored felt and cut off about 1.5 centimeters from the upper corner.
- Roll the triangle into a cone shape and glue it together with the hot glue gun.
- Wrap the silver cord around the horn and glue it in place.
- For the ears, cut out small circles from the light pink and dark pink felt, whereby one should be a little smaller than the other.
- Now glue the smaller circles onto the larger ones, press the end slightly together and glue.
- Glue the ears and horn to the hood of the overalls and you’re done!
Angel and devil costume for mother and baby
Your baby may not always act like an angel, but in the baby carrier it will definitely be a real eye-catcher. To do this, you simply have to put it on in white from head to toe and glue small wings to the back of the baby carrier. All you need for your devil costume is a red dress and of course red horns.
Pirate group costume for the whole family makes for a funny and super great performance.
Pirate costumes are a timeless classic and will never go out of style. Decorate the baby carrier with colorful feathers and turn your baby into an adorable parrot.
Costume with baby carrier – More fun ideas and Inspirations
There is hardly anyone who does not love freshly baked croissants! All you need for this baby carrier costume is yellow foam! Cut out a large triangle from it, roll it up, glue it on and you’re done!
Or how about Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf?
Dress up as Rosie “the Riveter” and show the world that you are a strong, young mother!
Looking for a last minute costume? Thankfully, cute lion onesies can be found in pretty much every baby clothing store.
The parents are cooking something absolutely wonderful – a tasty baby stew! Simply attach a large felt bag to the baby carrier, make some fabric vegetables for your head or buy and you’re done!
If your little one loves to eat bananas, then this would be a great idea for a fun carnival outfit.
Is your baby as cute as a little mouse from the cartoons? Then dress it up like one! All you need for this look is a fluffy baby mouse headband.
Sometimes the simplest ideas are really the most beautiful!
A classic – the skeleton carnival costume for babies is conjured up in less than 10 minutes. Paint a skeleton on the black baby carrier with white paint and you’re done!
With this outfit your little one will look simply irresistible!
If you want your baby to be a Star Wars fan just like you, why not start early enough? In this look, the father is disguised as the heroic Luke Skywalker, who carries the small but wise Master Yoda on his back.