High blood pressure is one of the most common health problems and can have dire consequences. It is therefore important not only to take preventive action if your blood pressure is already high. We have already explained to you which foods naturally lower high blood pressure. Today we will show you which home remedies and tricks you can use to lower blood pressure naturally if it is an acute case. If you want to lower your blood pressure quickly, you don’t always need medication. You can also try it naturally first. But beware: Don’t take high blood pressure lightly! If the agents mentioned do not work quickly, consult your doctor!
Lower Blood Pressure Quickly – Home Remedies, Breathing Exercises, and More
Do you notice that your blood pressure is skyrocketing again or have you measured it to be on the safe side and noticed an increase? Instead of resorting to the usual medication as usual, you could first try natural remedies (in consultation with your doctor). But what naturally lowers blood pressure and as quickly as possible? Not only medicinal herbs prove to be helpful if you want to lower blood pressure in the short term. Certain minerals, certain baths or showers, breathing exercises and some reflex zones on the feet are also suitable. Try the following things:
Lower blood pressure quickly with proper breathing
You probably already know that stress in general can be to blame for high blood pressure. But the hectic breathing that is usually associated with it can also be a specific cause. So it’s a good idea to get your breathing back under control first, as it could lower your blood pressure quickly. Try to calm down and breathe in and out deeply and slowly. If you also cover your eyes at the same time, you can increase the effect, because this also lowers the stress level. Lie comfortably on your back, then breathe as follows to help you lower your blood pressure quickly:
Count to 5 as you inhale into your stomach. Then exhale slowly again, counting to 5 again. If you prefer, you can hold your breath for 8 to 10 seconds after exhaling. If you do this breathing exercise for 3 to 5 minutes, you will likely notice an improvement in your blood pressure. This exercise can therefore lower blood pressure quickly as it ensures that your entire body is supplied with blood down to your toes and fingertips. This relieves the pressure in the arteries and thus also lowers your blood pressure values a little.
Has your blood pressure increased? Then take a shower and lower your blood pressure quickly! You already know that alternating between cold and warm water has a positive effect on our immune system and gets the circulation going. This also has a positive effect on the blood circulation. To do this, first take a warm shower. Then switch to cold water that is no colder than 10 degrees. Complete the alternating shower with cold water. Since the heart is a little further to the left in the body, it’s best to pour yourself on the right side. In this way you avoid overloading.
Alternating showers should not only be used in the case of acute high blood pressure, but rather should be done routinely every morning.
Increasing foot bath
You can even lower blood pressure naturally with a comfortable foot bath. Prepare a small tub of warm water and bathe your feet in it as you wish. Then gradually increase the temperature by gradually adding hot water over and over again. The heat dilates the blood vessels, which causes blood pressure to drop. You can supplement the foot bath with a herbal bath additive. Thyme and lemon balm are well suited for this.
Lower blood pressure naturally with tea
You will not be surprised that herbs and medicinal plants can have a positive effect on our blood flow. Get in the habit of drinking tea more often to improve your health. If you want to lower high blood pressure that is acute, try the following varieties:
- Hibiscus tea: Tea made from hibiscus flowers can successfully lower blood pressure, and this applies to both systolic and diastolic values. Its effect has already been scientifically investigated in an American study by Doctor Diane McKay. The participants drank 3 cups of hibiscus tea a day, which reduced the upper value by 7.2 mmHg on average.
- Lower blood pressure quickly with mint tea: The refreshing peppermint tea proves to be very useful not only if you have just noticed acute high blood pressure, but also as a preventive measure. Drink at least 2 cups a day, even better 3 cups. Use fresh or dried leaves that you soak in hot water for 10 minutes. Drink the tea slowly in small sips.
- Camomile tea
- Green tea recommends the specialist in internal medicine in Munich and President of the Federal Association of German Nutritionists Prof. Johannes Georg Wechsler. The plant substances it contains have a beneficial effect on blood vessels.
- Tea that valerian contains, has a calming effect and reduces stress. Valerian helps when taken regularly. However, never take more than the recommended dose and it is best to seek advice from your doctor.
- If the high blood pressure is a result of stress, it can also Lavender tea have a calming and antihypertensive effect.
- Hawthorn tea expands the coronary arteries and through this and its blood-thinning effect promotes blood circulation, especially in the heart muscle.
- Passion flower tea can also help you lower your blood pressure. The plant also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Make your own antihypertensive tea mixture
A mix of different types of tea is also suitable. For example, how about the following:
- 4 teaspoons of peppermint
- 1 teaspoon wild garlic
- 1 teaspoon St. John’s wort
- 1 teaspoon chrysanthemum flowers
- 1 teaspoon nettles
This quantity is intended for 4 liters of tea. Of course, you don’t have to prepare this amount right away. Simply mix the teas together and store them in an airtight package. Then you can always take the desired amount, pour boiling water over it, let the herbs steep and strain. Tip: You can also put the tea in the cold and warm it up again if necessary.
How To Lower Blood Pressure Naturally? Try apple cider vinegar instead of aspirin
Can you lower high blood pressure quickly with aspirin? There is such a belief, but in fact ASA has no direct influence on pressure, it simply promotes good blood flow in the arteries. Therefore, the drug should only be used to lower blood pressure if prescribed by a doctor. In addition, this is not a natural remedy. A better variety and alternative that can help you lower blood pressure quickly is apple cider vinegar.
Dilute this with water and drink it (maximum 4 teaspoons per glass of water). It thins the blood, it can flow faster and the heart no longer has to pump so hard. This relieves both the heart and the veins. You can also use the proven home remedy for long-term treatment. Here, 2 teaspoons per glass of water daily is sufficient. It is best to drink this solution first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
Lower blood pressure quickly with magnesium
Simple magnesium can work wonders for high blood pressure, is easily accessible and easy to take. Magnesium ensures that the blood vessels expand and the pressure is equalized. In addition, the mineral prevents hardening of the arteries, which also disrupts the flow of blood and promotes high blood pressure. If you want to lower your blood pressure quickly, just take an effervescent tablet. If necessary, you can take a second on the same day. A diet rich in magnesium is also recommended as a preventive measure and as a therapy. You can find some foods rich in magnesium in this article.
Use herbal remedies against high blood pressure – garlic extract
Garlic is considered to be extremely effective when it comes to lowering high blood pressure using home remedies. The reason for this are certain active ingredients that are converted into hydrogen sulfide in the body. These in turn have a blood-thinning property, which reduces the counter pressure so that the blood can better distribute itself in the body. Instead of eating garlic, you can use garlic extract if you want to lower blood pressure quickly.
Everyone has heard of acupuncture. Acupressure tends to take a back seat, which is a shame because it also proves to be very helpful for many ailments. This method of lowering blood pressure is natural and can be conveniently performed anytime, anywhere. The points are at hand:
- A variant would be the tips of the middle fingers.
- There is another point on the wrist. When the palm is facing you, it is on the inside outside.
Hold the points on your middle fingers firmly with the other hand for one minute. You can massage the point on the wrist for two to three minutes. You can repeat acupressure up to three times a day.
What lowers blood pressure quickly – conclusion
So you can use home remedies to lower blood pressure. For this, not only the foods listed from our other article are very helpful, but also the remedies from this one. However, all of these resources will not be of much benefit in the long term if you do not strive for a healthy lifestyle in general. If you would like to lower your blood pressure naturally without medication, further factors are important:
- a healthy, balanced diet (use salt very sparingly; foods with omega-3 fatty acids; no alcohol or at least reduce it, etc.) – you can find a few recipes with antihypertensive ingredients here
- Regular exercise (30 minutes of endurance sports at a normal pace 5 to 7 times a week)
- Reduce stress and relax (massages, yoga, etc.)
- do not smoke
- reduce body weight if you are overweight
Preventing blood pressure or regulating it permanently is a complex matter, but one that can always be achieved. By adhering to a healthy lifestyle, you can protect yourself not only from low and high blood pressure, but also from numerous other diseases.