How you can make a sheet mask yourself – 6 recipes for beautiful skin
Sheet masks are nourishing face masks made of fleece, bio-cellulose or hydrogel sheet material, which are highly praised for their effectiveness. They come from Korea and provide the skin with plenty of vitamins for a longer exposure time. But not only that! In addition, they are effective against wrinkles and smooth them and also provide the skin with antioxidants and moisture. Sounds really promising, doesn’t it? However, the whole thing has its price, because the sheet masks are not exactly cheap. So today we would like to explain to you how you can make such a sheet mask yourself.
Make sheet mask yourself
There are several ingredients you can use when making sheet masks yourself. Below are a few of the options. Simply choose the variant that you like best. The fabric used can also vary: pre-made sheet masks, baby cotton pads and dry facial tissues are just a few of the options. It is important that the cloth does not tear too quickly, that it absorbs the moisture from the serum and that it can be easily cut if necessary (for the holes for the eyes, nose and mouth).
Sheet mask DIY with rice paper and green tea
You can easily make a sheet mask yourself with rice paper, which you can easily find in the Asian market. This is how the mask is made:
- Cut a hole in the rice paper where you want the nose to be. In this way you guarantee that you can breathe properly during the exposure time. You are also welcome to cut holes in the paper for the eyes.
- Soak four tea bags of green tea in lukewarm water.
- Then put the rice paper in until it becomes soft.
- Apply any skin serum to the face.
- Place the soaked rice paper on your face and leave everything on for 15 to 25 minutes.
Rice paper mattifies and cleanses the skin perfectly. The result is smooth and firm skin, as you will feel right after use.
Homemade sheet mask made from cotton pads for babies
For this sheet mask DIY, use cotton cleaning pads for babies, which are made of cotton and are particularly elastic. That makes them ideal as a mask for the face. Since the sheet mask should ideally be nice and thin, you can use the individual layers of cotton pads. Then these layers must be moistened. To do this, use water and one of the following products if you are making the sheet mask yourself:
- Facial toner (without alcohol!)
- Thermal spray
- Rose water (can also be homemade)
Once the cotton pad is damp, you can pull it apart. Spread as many pads on your face until all parts of your face are covered (cheeks, nose, forehead, chin) and leave the self-made sheet mask for 5 to 20 minutes.
Make aloe vera sheet mask yourself
Suitable, ready-made masks are also available on the Internet and you can use them to make this aloe vera mask, for example. Sheet masks with aloe vera provide moisture and are made in the following ways:
- finished cotton face mask
- 2 teaspoons of fresh aloe vera
- 2 teaspoons of water
If you would like to make this moisturizing sheet mask yourself, mix water and aloe vera in a small bowl to get a serum. Then immerse the mask in this serum for a few minutes so that it can soak up well. Then pamper your face with it for 15 to 25 minutes.
Moisturizing with natural yoghurt
You also provide your skin with plenty of moisture if you use natural yoghurt. The best way to prepare the mask is as follows:
- pre-made cotton mask / baby cotton pad / dry facial tissue (add holes for nose, eyes and mouth beforehand)
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Mix the two ingredients well together and place the selected cloth in it for a few minutes to absorb the fabrics. After that, place the sheet mask on your face for about 15 minutes.
Make your own nutrient-rich sheet mask with olive oil
- finished cotton mask or dry facial tissue (make-up tissue with holes for nose, eyes and mouth)
- 1 teaspoon coconut powder
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of water
Make a serum from the ingredients by mixing them together in a small bowl. Put the cloth inside and let it absorb the liquid for a while. Place the finished sheet mask on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
Making a matcha mask
You can also get a nourishing mask for the face with this recipe, which uses matcha. This is how it is done:
- premade cotton mask / baby cotton pad / dry facial tissue (add holes for nose, eyes and mouth beforehand)
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 4 teaspoons of water
Mix the two ingredients, then soak the cloth in it for a few minutes. Then leave it on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
Make sheet mask yourself and use it correctly
- After the exposure time is over, there is no need to wash your face, which is a huge advantage over traditional face masks.
- To do this, you should also let the sheet masks work on the previously cleansed face.
- In Europe such sheet masks are usually used once a week, but 2-3 times are not a problem either. (For comparison: In Korea women even pamper their face with sheet masks 5 to 7 times a week)