In the beauty world, argan oil – also known as Moroccan oil – is so valuable that it is also known as “liquid gold”. The aromatic oil is obtained from the kernels of the fruits of the argan tree in Morocco. It is extremely rich in many beneficial nutrients such as vitamin E and fatty acids and is one of the most expensive oils on the market. How it is made and a lot of useful information about the effects of argan oil on your skin, hair and health, we tell you in our article!
Argan oil effect – how is the wonder drug obtained?
The valuable argan oil is obtained from the kernels of the argan tree, which nowadays only grows in southwest Morocco. It can live up to 450 years and is one of the oldest trees in the world and for this reason the area was protected by UNESCO a few years ago. Around 50 kilograms of processed dried fruit are required to produce 1 liter of argan oil, which corresponds to the annual production of a single tree on average. The harvest time always takes place in the months of July to September and the production is a very demanding task because it requires a lot of manual work. Argan nuts are some of the toughest in the world and just take at least 18-20 hours to break. The many important ingredients and active ingredients it contains are responsible for the positive effects of argan oil on your skin and hair. It consists of 80% unsaturated fatty acids, which are also essential for human survival. In addition, many antioxidants and vitamin E are still present in high concentrations.
The argan oil effect for beautiful and shiny hair
Thanks to the high concentration of vitamin E and essential fatty acids such as oleic and linoleic acid, argan oil has an extreme effect moisturizing for your hair. Long and colored hair, in particular, is often heavily strained, with the tips appearing brittle and the hair looking colorless and disheveled. Unfortunately, all too often the many shampoos and conditioners only do more damage to your hair by clogging the pores of the scalp. A hair treatment with argan oil is therefore ideal for all of you who have dry hair. For that you need the the following ingredients:
- 30 ml argan oil
- 40 ml apricot kernel oil
- 30 ml of virgin olive oil
- Mix the oils together and heat with a water bath.
- Apply the mixture to washed and towel-dried hair.
- Wrap the head first with cling film and then with a towel.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and wash your hair with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
- Leave In Conditioner – The moisturizing argan oil effect ensures soft and shiny hair, which makes it the perfect leave-in hair conditioner. All you have to do is sprinkle a few drops of the Moroccan miracle cure all over the lengths of your hair!
- Style your hair easier with argan oil – In contrast to many other oils such as olive or coconut oil, the “liquid gold” is much more easily absorbed into the hair and leaves no greasy residue. As it makes it easier to comb, it is often used for styling by women with curly or fine hair. Simply rub a few drops in the palms of your hands before or after blow-drying and then comb your hair with your fingers.
- Stress, the dry ambient air, hormone fluctuations and many other factors can lead to a dry and itchy scalp. The argan oil has many antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help heal various types of eczema or rashes.
- Another argan oil effect for your hair is that it is like one Sun and heat protection products works. The fatty acids contained in it and the vitamin E form a protective film that protects your hair from the harmful rays of the sun and all the styling tools. To do this, simply apply a few drops of argan oil to wet hair.
- The effectiveness of argan oil in the care of freshly dyed hair is scientifically proven. The antioxidants it contains ensure that the color lasts longer and your hair looks shinier and healthier.
- Hair growth stimulate with argan oil – if the miracle cure is massaged into the scalp, it ensures improved blood circulation and a better supply of nutrients to the hair roots. This in turn promotes healthy hair growth.
To stimulate hair growth and have healthy, shiny hair, we recommend that you use the following hair mask twice a week.
- 5 tbsp argan oil
- 1 squirt of lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tbsp natural yogurt
And this is how it is done: Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and apply to the hair. Wrap your head in cling film or with a towel and leave it on for at least 1 hour. Then wash and care for your hair as usual.
Argan oil effect for beautiful skin
The “liquid gold” from Morocco is not only used for hair – it also offers numerous advantages for the best skin care.
- Argan oil for every skin type – It doesn’t matter whether you have oily, dry or combination skin – absolutely anyone can use this wonder drug without hesitation.
- Moisturizes the skin and strengthens its elasticity – Are you struggling with dry skin? Then argan oil is exactly what you need! It is most commonly used as a moisturizer because of the high content of vitamin E and fatty acids. In contrast to other vegetable oils, it is absorbed very quickly and thus protects the skin from external influences for several hours. You can use it for night care as well as during the day.
- Natural anti aging agent – The argan oil not only works as a moisturizing cream – the valuable ingredients it contains support the skin in cell renewal. The antioxidant effect of argan oil restores the elasticity of the skin, which leads to a visible reduction in wrinkles.
- Successful Acne Treatment – Most moisturizers or oils can only worsen the complexion and various conditions such as acne. But argan oil is a real all-rounder, which soothes the skin and in this way promotes healing. With the daily application of a few drops your skin is supplied with essential nutrients and moisture and after about 1 week mild acne can be completely eliminated.
- Argan oil for sunburn – If you are sunburned, then you should resort to the Moroccan miracle cure. Ferulic acid and vitamin E protect your skin and promote its rapid regeneration. We recommend the following skin care: Mix 5 tablespoons of argan oil with 5 tablespoons of aloe vera gel or oil and apply it carefully to your skin using circular movements. You can only put your clothes on when everything has been well absorbed – this is the only way to develop the effect.
- Argan oil effect on cellulite and stretch marks – The wonder drug penetrates deep into the skin, promotes cell regeneration and stimulates blood circulation. Simply massage it daily with a light pressure massage and after only a few more weeks the connective tissue will tighten significantly.
- Gentle make-up removal – Put a few drops on a soft towel and gently and carefully remove your make-up. In the end, just rinse your face with lukewarm water and you’re done!
- After only 1 Body peeling with argan oil your skin will feel wonderfully soft and gentle! Here’s how it’s done: Mix 5 tablespoons of argan oil with 5 tablespoons of sea salt and gently rub the mixture into your wet body. Rinse off the remaining salt with lukewarm water.
Does argan oil have health benefits?
- Argan oil effect on cholesterol levels – The Moroccan miracle drug is rich in plant sterols that are not found in any other vegetable oil. Many studies have shown that these ingredients help regulate cholerestine levels and lower blood pressure.
- The antioxidant properties can help Digestive disorders help. The daily dose that one would have to take is 3 tbsp.
- Many studies in recent years have shown that some of the ingredients in argan oil have a destructive effect on cancer cells.
Other areas of application of argan oil
- Lip care in winter – The natural all-rounder also helps with chapped and cracked lips. All you have to do is rub 2-3 drops of argan oil on your lips several times a day.
- The argan oil effect for your feet – The “liquid gold” has also proven to be very helpful in foot care against calluses. First soak your feet in warm water and remove the dead cornea with a corneal file. Then massage in some argan oil, especially where the skin dries, on the heels and ball of the toes. Put on cotton socks and leave it on overnight, preferably.
Can be cooked with argan oil?
The wonder drug is not only good for skin and hair care, but also in the kitchen. It has a slightly nutty taste and is therefore perfect for refining vegetables, salads or various fish dishes. But since it is very expensive and belongs to other exclusive ingredients such as black caviar, it is only used by gourmet chefs.
Where can you buy argan oil and how is it stored?
The purest and highest quality can be found in health food stores or in online shops. Make absolutely sure that no other ingredients or oils are mixed in – that degrades the quality of the argan oil. Since the miracle cure is quite expensive, proper storage is also of great importance. Since the air and light cause chemical reactions and make it useless, we recommend that you store it in the refrigerator.